new opportunity with Norton Rose Fulbright’s Library Team.
Our London office is currently recruiting for a Research Librarian for a Fixed Term Contract (9 months), starting mid-June 2023.
The Library team play a vital role in ensuring our lawyers have access to the right information at the right time. The team manages extensive legal and business information resources (print and online) underpinning the firm’s knowledge and business development strategies and provides a comprehensive research service for internal and external clients. The team delivers a current awareness service as well as offering a comprehensive training programme to enable lawyers to make best use of the library.
The Research Librarian will be part of the UK Library & Research Services team. Chief responsibilities will include:
- Enquiry and Research Service – handling a range of legal and business search requests from internal clients (both fee-earners and business services) and external clients – this requires:
o a good understanding and knowledge of relevant legal and business resources in order to undertake in-depth legal and business research
o time management skills – the Enquiry Desk is busy and the ability to react quickly and prioritise queries according to deadline is vital
- Current Awareness – lead responsibility for UK legislation and official publications monitoring and daily alerts
- Assisting with other ad hoc library projects, as required
Skills and Experience Required
- Degree or Post-Graduate qualification in Library / Information Science
- Relevant experience of enquiry work in a legal or professional services firm
- Excellent written/ verbal communication skills and strong IT skills
- Flexible and customer-focused with a positive can-do approach
- Ability to prioritise with good organizational/ administrative skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
For more information and details on how to apply, please see here.
Lynda Looney | Library & Research Services Manager
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
3 More London Riverside, London, SE1 2AQ, United Kingdom
Tel +44 20 7444 2377 | Mob +44 7395 370302 | Fax +44 20 7283 6500
NORTON ROSE FULBRIGHT
Law around the world