Mills Oakley is a leading national law firm with a proud history spanning over 150 years. In that time, we’ve grown into a Top 10 Australian law firm by size while remaining true to our shared vision of exceptional client service with a friendly and collaborative ethos. Mutual trust and respect are at the heart of everything we do.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Research Assistant to work in our Melbourne Library and Research team on a casual basis, working Monday or Wednesday, and Tuesdays. The Library and Research team provides national research support across the firm’s practice areas. The team also ensures that practitioners are up-to-date with recent news and legal alerts, and manages the firm’s legal resources. As a Research Assistant, you will have the opportunity to experience the various areas of law that the firm offers.
- Undertake legal research into complex and diverse areas of commercial law;
- Prepare case summaries and draft research memorandums;
- Source materials and support lawyers in preparing court submissions and other matters;
- Oversee the research desk and handle queries over the phone or email; and
- Undertake other duties as directed including maintaining the firm’s resources and ensuring they are up-to-date.
To be considered for this position, you should:
- Be in your second year of a law degree or further;
- Be available to work Mondays or Wednesdays, and Tuesdays;
- Have proven legal research skills;
- Have advanced written and communication skills;
- Possess the ability to prioritise tasks and work independently to meet deadlines;
- Have a keen eye to detail and commitment to quality; and
- Display a willingness to learn and gain experience in a commercial legal practice.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their career in a fun, fast paced team environment.
What We Offer
We take a collaborative approach to your learning & development, giving you the personal attention and unique opportunities required to help you realise your full potential. We are committed to your health and wellbeing and offer a multitude of employee benefits including:
- Dress for your day;
- Discounted health insurance;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Discounts to gyms and studios across Australia;
- Competitive referral bonus; and
- Other amazing perks!
All applications must include a CV and Cover Letter addressed to the Talent Acquisition team.
- Health insurance