Full Job Description
The Librarian/Research & Intelligence Analyst position is responsible for assisting attorneys and staff with in-depth research and document retrievals to support the firm’s global practice.Responsibilities/Duties
- Conducts efficient and cost-effective transactional research support to attorneys and Firm personnel using the most appropriate online and print sources to deliver results in a concise, objective, and meaningful way.
- Proactively engages with attorneys and others to conduct reference interviews to enable strategic research support.
- Conducts research orientations and trainings, both live and virtually
- Collaborates with department team members on projects, including the support and maintenance of department and other SharePoint pages.
- Performs both complex research and supports large research projects, as assigned.
- Proficiently utilizes both legal and non-legal firm resources.
- Keeps up to date on changes and developments in information resources and develops knowledge of unique search strategies for each.
- Recognizes the value of professional networking and actively participates in professional associations and online communities.
- Participate in rotating evening and weekend coverage.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledgeable across multiple transactional practice areas.
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to scheduling changes and shifts in priorities.
- Proficient in searching major legal research resources including, but not limited to, Westlaw, Lexis, Bloomberg, Refinitiv, D&B, Capital IQ, and the various SEC filings search resources.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite products and SharePoint.
- Customer-service oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Process-oriented with great attention to detail and technical acuity.
- Superior organizational skills, unflagging attention to detail, and demonstrated commitment to the accuracy and completeness of information.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years research experience preferably in a law firm or corporate environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- ALA-accredited Master’s degree in Library Science preferred
For information about how Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP collects and processes your personal information, please refer to our Privacy Notice available at https://www.stblaw.com/other/privacy-notice.