- A supportive and friendly team environment
- Regular training and upskilling
- A calm, modern, centrally located office space
By Lawyers provides the most comprehensive online library of legal publications including commentaries, reference materials, matter plans, and precedents. Available in all the common areas of law they were created by experienced legal practitioners and are kept current with law and practice.
We work closely with LEAP Legal Software, the world leader in the development and sale of cloud-based legal practice management software. By Lawyers publications are available as a companion product within the LEAP software as well as by subscription through their website.
The By Lawyers global operations are situated in the Southern Highlands of Australia, with offices in Sydney, Australia as well as in the United Kingdom and in Canada.
By Lawyers is looking for a Legal Editor to join their AU & NZ team to work out of the Sydney office. The ideal applicant would be a general practitioner with a keen interest in the law and possess excellent communication skills. You will be street smart and have a wide range of life experiences within the legal sector. In this position attention to detail is not a priority it is a necessity.
What you will do:
- Work with the existing AU & NZ publications to ensure they are current, accurate, and practical.
- Work with the Managing Editor to prepare new publications including conducting initial research, drafting precedents, and writing relevant commentary on the law.
- Work with the Managing Editor to assist LEAP sales, renewals, and success teams ensuring they appreciate and understand the publications and how to use them.
- Ensure the focus remains practice-based rather than academic and reflects the By Lawyers style and philosophy.
- Develop reference materials.
- Develop strong ongoing relationships with LEAP and fellow By Lawyers colleagues based in CA, UK, and Australia.
- Daily monitoring of the changes in legislation, practice, and procedure that affect By Lawyers publications.
- Draft content changes to existing commentaries and precedents, keeping them current with practice and procedure.
- Monitor and respond to client questions and comments through phone, email, and Salesforce.
What you will bring:
- Experience as a general practitioner;
- A professional approach and positive attitude;
- Strict attention to detail;
- Ability to communicate clearly and precisely, both verbally and in writing;
- Microsoft Word skills: Intermediate+;
- Experience using legal document management software is desirable but not essential.
What you will receive
- Competitive salary packages with regular reviews.
- A supportive and friendly team environment.
- Regular training and upskilling.
- Employee share plans (subject to company tenure).
- A calm, modern, centrally located office space.
At By Lawyers, we promote equal opportunity. Creating a culture of diversity and inclusion not only promotes innovation but we believe is the right way to do business. Our team bring different cultures, genders and perspectives to their days and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
We welcome and encourage you to apply, no matter who you are or how you identify.
If you have the relevant experience (or close to it!) and like the sound of the role and By Lawyers, we would love to see your application and continue your journey to joining us!