In this role you will provide legal interpretation in the form of research and analysis to support the development and maintenance of Thomson Reuters Legal information in all media. Members of this team are also tasked with ensuring that published legal information contains and delivers premium legal content.
About the Role:
In this opportunity as a Legal Content Editor your responsibilities will include:
- Legal Research and Analysis: Our Legal Content Editors create and classify legal information by identifying key issues in editorial materials and the relationships among and between editorial materials as required. You will identify the interrelationship between decisions of different courts and agencies and the impact of changing results in different litigation. You will demonstrate competence in Westlaw navigation and on-line research tools.
- Editorial Responsibility: Members of this team adhere to editorial publishing schedules and quality standards. They also verify their own work and that of other staff as required for accuracy and completeness, and ensure that the information is properly presented and organized. In this role you will be required to maintain and develop legal knowledge and skills as needed to complete your work and to stay current on legal trends and developments that are related to your editorial responsibilities.
- Individual and Leadership Development: As a part of a larger team, you will attend and participate in meetings and take part in the employee evaluation process (both wider feedback and self-evaluation). To be most effective at your job, you will develop knowledge of Thomson Reuters Legal publications and products related to your responsibilities, and those of competitors.
- Members of our team prioritize their own work and understand the roles and responsibilities of each collaborator/team member and how each role impacts production. You will also be required to demonstrate competence on company specific systems necessary to perform your job functions.
You’re a fit for the role of Legal Content Editor if you have/are:
- A bachelor’s degree, or have completed an approved paralegal certificate
- A self-starter with aptitude for legal research
- Capable of balancing solitary day-to-day work with team needs and guidelines
- An analytical thinker who uses logic and collaborates to solve difficult problems
- Decisive with a focus on making quality decisions quickly
- The ability to interpret, analyze, and organize complex legal material
- Comfortable with personal computers and familiar with word processing and online applications
- The ability to prioritize tasks and projects and pursue them with energy and drive
- A great teammate who will work successfully in a shared environment
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- A strong communicator who can speak and write clearly and effectively with all contacts, both in and outside Thomson Reuters
We are hiring for this position in our Minneapolis/St. Paul (Eagan), MN office only.
What’s in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- Hybrid Work Model: Currently the majority of our employees are working within a hybrid environment consisting of in-office and remote work, and following local COVID-19 bylaws and guidelines.
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: company-wide Mental Health Day Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking
- Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact
- Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.