- Successful candidate will have advanced knowledge of the concepts, principles, and practices of librarianship or information management typically acquired through the completion of a Master’s in Library Science and through 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of the legislative process, legislative documentation, and printed and automated legislative and regulatory research tools.
- A minimum of two years experience compiling legislative histories, monitoring Congress, and providing legislative reference services.
- Successful candidate must demonstrate strong organization and planning skills, good management and outstanding information technology skills, as well as the ability to work independently and handle a diverse workload.
- Requires excellent communication and customer service skills including the ability to work effectively with others.
The Assistant Law Librarian performs many varied duties in assisting the Law Librarian with the day-to-day operations of the Law Library such as planning and implementing legal research tools; keeps current on new policies and procedures for management of Legal Division information, as well as on technological developments in the program area; and keeps current on trends in legislative and administrative objectives and understands how they may result in future banking law modifications.
The successful candidate must demonstrate strong legal research, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong analytic and interpersonal skills (including the ability to interact effectively with management and staff at all levels of the organization), personal initiative, and adaptability in working across legal disciplines. Must also possess excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills (including ability to handle multiple assignments and organize projects and see through their successful completion with minimal supervision). Incumbent will also use the Board’s recordkeeping system and data management systems such as SharePoint (familiarity with SharePoint (on-premises and online) preferred).
- A writing sample may be required prior to interview.
- This position is located in Washingotn, DC and has an onsite presence requirement of once or twice a week and as business needs require.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or application, membership, or service in the uniformed services.