November 17th, 2021
As the number of discussions on returning to the office in a post-pandemic world increases, so does the number of questions about vaccine expectations. On November 4th, OSHA released the much anticipated Emergency Temporary Standards implementing the Biden Administration’s employer vaccine mandate. Yet a number of states and localities have their own vaccine rules, some of which may run contrary to federal requirements, raising questions about preemption. Exemptions to vaccine requirements are being challenged and narrowed in some places but expanded and clarified in others. At the same time, the groups of people eligible for vaccines and boosters are continuing to grow, as new data regarding vaccine effectiveness is evaluated. Join us for a complimentary 60-minute webinar in which a team of Manatt employment law professionals will be joined by Dr. Paul Simon, Chief Science Officer with Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, to discuss the current state of public health guidance and statistics on vaccines, as well as provide an up-to-date analysis of the legal issues surrounding vaccines.
Key topics will include:
- An analysis of the new OSHA Emergency Temporary Standards
- The most recent cutting-edge public health data and information regarding vaccines
- Legal issues related to vaccine mandates, including who is covered, what exemptions apply and where preemption may be an issue
Click here to register free. Even if you can’t attend our live session on November 17, register today and receive a link to view the program on demand.
- Esra A. Hudson, Partner, Employment and Labor
- Dr. Paul Simon, Chief Science Officer and Director of the Division of Assessment, Planning, and Quality, L.A. County Department of Public Health
- Stephanie Roeser, Associate, Employment and Labor
CLE credit is pending.
If you would like to receive an audio transcript of this webinar due to accessibility issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.